Subject: [Leica] Re: [off topic] Contax G list
From: Simon Ogilvie <simon_ogilvie@ionica.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 15:06:37 -0000

Thanks for the various replies about the Contax list.
Amongst them, Claes suggested looking at the web page:

>> http://www.novia.net/~jlw/contax/index.html

which I did and there's a lot of good information there.
There is a table of features showing Contax G1, G2 Leica
M6 and Konica Hexar, billed as a NON-comparison which
is useful.  I disagree with the author's insistence that the
three systems are non-comparable, and he backs it up
with examples in the automotive world.  I still believe it is
valid to want to know how fast any two apparently disparate
cars will accelerate.  Likewise I might want to know if an
apple has more ascorbic acid than an orange ;-)
Equally it is valid to compare the lens qualities of the Leica
system with those of any other system, as the end result
is in every case getting an image down on film (or paper,
or a computer) and the means to that end are irrelevant
to a comparison of lenses.

Anyway, it seems that the Contax G list is a little quiet
to say the least!  Still no messages after several days...
Perhaps those who were complaining about the number
of messages on the LUG should buy a Contax G2... ;-)

Simon.

Ionica, Cowley Road, Cambridge CB4 4AS
Tel (01223) 223000
Fax (01223) 223100