Subject: Re: [Leica] M Viewfinder Framelines (LONG)
From: Bill Barrett <barrettb@dialup.websteruniv.edu>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 00:24:26

At 07:28 PM 1/15/98 -0800, Dennis Painter wrote:

>Someone recently posted that they had material ADDED to a 28mm Rokkor (I
>believe) to bring up the 28 frameline on the M-6.

Absolutely. When I bought my 28 M-Rokkor (ser.no. 1012516, but who cares,
no one collects Minolta numbers) from Kenny Hansen, when he was on 21st &
Bway years ago, he suggested I go upstairs to Nippon Camera Repair and have
it thus modified to work with my M4-P (and now M6 as well). They added
about a mm to the appropriate bayonet edge to make it bring up 28mm
framelines in my M cameras.

Anyone have a guess at replacement value? My insurance agent really wants
me to give him a number, and I haven't seen it advertized recently. Thanks
if you can!

Bill Barrett
St. Louis
barrettb@webster.edu (preferred address for personal mail)