Subject: Re: [Leica] Does the R8 viewfinder really display 93% of the image?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 21:03:44 -0600

At 07:25 PM 1/17/98 +0100, you wrote:

>I checked with the development center about this: they claim it is the
>camera and not them. Indeed, I carefully checked negatives, and this

You can't believe these people ever. They never take the blame for anything.

Shoot something like a newspaper on the wall and carefully note where you
see the image cut off. Then  look at the negative/slide without a mount,
and see just where it ends compared to the viewfinder. Take notes, memory
is a terrible gauge.

That being said, you might need the viewfinder on your camera adjusted.
Don't ask me how, but I do remember hearing about cameras that had
viewfinders off kilter.

I have yet to experience anything like this with my R8.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Photography can light-up darkness and expose ignorance.

Lewis Hine 1904