Subject: Re: [Leica] Recent Chasseur d'Images lens Leica R & M lens tests
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 98 17:32:37 +0100

On 18-01-1998 16:51 Bud Cook wrote:

>Thank you for the interesting information.  I'm a little confused by the
>subjective rating.  Is this a rating of  things like handling not related to
>optical performance?
>Regards,
>Bud Cook

No, handling, mechanical quality and so on described in a separate note
on each lens. Needless to say that mechanical quality is always top with
Leica. The same is true for handling, although Chasseur d'Images
sometimes has critical remarks (e.g. the lack of a complimentary collar
for tripod on the Apo-Macro Elmarit-R 100mm f/2.8).

The "cote d'amour" really is a subjective rating of how they like the
lens (quality-handling-mechanics etc.). As such is not always reliable
since this is always the personal opinion of somebody, and not
necessarily of all users. So better be careful with this rating. It does,
however, give an indication.

Pascal