Subject: Re: [Leica] Ring strobes - AND ASPH
From: Dennis Painter <dwp@deltanet.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 17:03:29 -0800

Harry Bass wrote:

> I desire to do macro photography of coins. Needed are 1:1, 2:1, and 3:1 capabilities,
> as well as the ranges 1:2, 1:3, etc., using Leicaflex, Leicaflex SL, and Leicaflex SL2
> with Bellows-R and supplementary close-up lenses.
>
> Considering the very close object to lens front distances that will be encountered,
> are there strobe ring lights available for such an application, and what are they
> (make/source)?

Harry,

I would recommend you get a TTL flash capable body, it will make
exposure with a ringlight a snap.  Sorry I don't know which R has TTL
flash.

For ringlights, take a look at the Sunpak DX-8R at:

http://www.sunpak.com/dx8r.html

Oh yes, only one subject per post!  Ok, kidding aside, it does make it
easier to sort out the replies.

Dennis

- --
Experience is a tough teacher. It gives the test before the lesson.
- -unknown