Subject: Re: [Leica] That 'grit' thing on R8 screens
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 20:57:03 -0500

Harrison wrote:

<<<my experience - real life situations - the R8 viewfinder is brighter
than the EOS 1, as is the R6.>>>>>

Harrison,

My assistant bought a Canon EOS1n and we did a screen/viewfinder test the
day after and there isn't any comparison. The R8 has brighter hands down!

I know you guys are going to get on my case about her buying Canon. The
problem is I don't pay her enough to buy Leica R cameras! :)

However before you all get jumping on me, she is buying an M6 as she thinks
it's the most wonderful camera in the world!  And now understands how "we
the great ones!:)  yessssssssssss!" get our great photographs! :)

The problem is, I don't need anymore competition at this time in my life
and she is a very very good shooter!

But there isn't any question, the R8 has quite an incredible viewing system
and I improved mine by switching to the "all matt" screen. Which I prefer
for macro and tele work.

ted