Subject: [Leica] Rephrasing question. I wanted to know difference between an M 90mmm lens and a Reflex 90mm lens for my R camera.
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 22:34:18 -0500

Gabe wrote:

<<<Is the glass on an "m" lens better than that on an "r" (reflex) lens?
Any help would be appreciated.>>>>>>>

Hi Gabe

I really don't think there is any difference. Certainly I've never noticed
any, but then I had and have more things to to do with my cameras than
running around testing one against the other.

That may well not be what you are thinking about.

But a Leica Summicron on an M camera should be identical to a 90 summicron
on an R.  Of course I'm prepared to be told I'm all wet simply because my
comment is completely off the wall common sense logic and not technical by
numbers and wigits! :)

ted