Subject: [Leica] Why no ASPH teles?
From: Mark_Bishop@ipc.co.uk
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 08:30:42 +0000

A lot has been written here about the superb performance of Leica's range of
Aspheric wideangle lenses, and as a user of the Summilux-M ASPH I can confirm
that the quality is impeccable.
However I have read that the benefits of aspherical lens elements becomes
greater with increased focal length, so I am left wondering why in the M-series
there is no lens longer than 35mm that boasts aspheric glass.
I have been waiting a couple of years for Leica to launch an ASPH version of the
75 1.4 to match my Summilux, but so far no rumours.
Any ideas?

Mark