Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica History
From: "Roy Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 08:59:14 +0000

For a history of Leitz, you might first try Emil Keller's 2 vol. set
"Source of Today's 35mm Photography."  The author was an employee of
Leitz for 50 years.

The 2nd vol. is still being advertised by at least one major Leica
dealer.  Others on the list may have pointers to suppliers for the
first volume.

Roy

On 19 Jan 98 at 0:30, Nick Hunter wrote:

> Does anyone know of a book in or out of print (english preferred) on
> the history of Leica with an emphasis on the Leitz company, and/or
> the photographers and magazines who used their cameras? It seems all
> the Leica books either just detail the features of the cameras, or
> pad out a few how-to techniques into book length. (not that I havn't
> enjoyed such books!)
>
> TIA;
>
> Nick Hunter

Written by:
   Roy C. Zartarian
   http://www.connix.com/~royzart
   "A prophet is not without honor except in his
    own land and among his own people"

Written with the assistance of a labrador retriever whose chin is on the key board. All typos are his fault.