Subject: [Leica] deception
From: thibault collin <tc-lnc@u-picardie.fr>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 14:22:30 +0100

hello luggers,
I've been using a M2 w/ a summicron to shoot for a newspaper. Since this camera
was in use of more than 20 years, I decided to send it to Leitz for revision.
For replacement, I got an old Nikon F801s (N8008s) with a 50 mm f/ 1.8. What
about the results? It's a pity to say that the results I got with the F801s
are much better than with the M2! The viewfinder is bright, autofocus is OK
exposition is great and everything is not that noisy. Even the cheap 50mm
f/1.8 is much sharper that the summicron (a 1960s model)...
I don't know whether I will come back to the M2 when I get it back...
Thib.