Subject: [Leica] Exhibition Opening Reception at Leica Gallery, New York City - Thursday, January
From: LeicaPhoto <LeicaPhoto@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 01:08:49 EST

We want to remind members of the LUG that the opening reception for Burk
Uzzle's, "Daytona Bike Week," in the main gallery area and Micha Bar-Am's
"Israel," in the gallery's Oskar Barnack Room will be held on Thursday,
January 29th from 5 to 8 PM at Leica Gallery, 670 Broadway, NYC. Uzzle will
have approximately 45 photographs exhibited, reflecting his work both as a
photographer and participant at Daytona for over twenty-five years. Uzzle was
twice President of Magnum and is one of this country's foremost photographers.
He works with both Leica and Hasselblad and executes his own prints. Micha
Bar-Am was for many years The New York Times photographer in Israel and is a
Magnum correspondent in Israel. He will have approximately fifteen photographs
displayed (all with Leica) and the show is in celebration of his forthcoming
(Feb. - May) exhibit at the entire Uptown International Center of Photography.
Both photographers will be present at the opening reception and would be happy
to discuss their work and methods. It is our experience that these events - in
addition to being very enjoyable - are a great learning experience as one can
view exhibition copies of the works and can also have a dialogue with  master
photographers. If you cannot come to the opening, the shows run through March
14 and we are open Tuesday through Friday from 11 to 6 and Saturday, 12 to 6.
Signed copies of the photographers' books will be available and, of course,
there is never an admission charge. If you can come, please introduce yourself
to us. Regards - Rose and Jay Deutsch