Subject: Re: [Leica] Summicron-M 50mm or Summilux-M 50mm?
From: TEAShea <TEAShea@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 22:24:06 EST

<<
 You are right in stating that the Summicron is optically better corrected
 than the S'lux. This should be visible at full aperture and even at f/5.6.
 I hope you an give some info your interpretation of "better" as it is a so
 many connotations and meanings.
 I would not say that the Leica is 'bettered' by Zeiss or Canon as both
 these lenses are not very impressive at full aperture. If I would need a
 1,4 I should prefer the Summilux
 Erwin

Erwin, as I mentioned, this is simply information from test reports by others.
I have not tested or used the Summilux.  Most of these test conclusions are
reported in PhotoZone.  Of course these tests are not as comprehesive as
yours.  However, I do have both the Contax and Canon 1.4 lenses.  At some
point I hope to do a comparison of them with my new Summicron.  Presently, I
do not plan on getting the Summilux.

Tom Shea