Subject: Re: Re[2]: [Leica] S'cron performance
From: Thomas Kachadurian <kach@freeway.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 22:10:41 -0500

Tom:

You wrote: <Either a lens has high resolution or not.  Either a lens has
high contrast or
not.>

But not both, as I understand it. I am describing high resolution. But when
you talk about measuring resolution people talk about shooting pieces of
newsprint, which is resolving black on white. I am talking about resolving
one light green blade of grass differently than the darker green one next
to it. I'm not sure it's something you can easily measure, but Leica lenses
do it better than others.

Tom