Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica 24mm Lenses
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 18:31:50 -0600

At 11:27 AM 1/23/98 -0800, you wrote:

>you are using a Minolta designed camera body. This is an honest question
>(not a jibe) as I have been using my 24mm R lens since 1976 and have proven

Lets get the facts out, so those who don't know will. The R3/4/5/6/7
cameras were all built with Minolta chassis, and a few parts inside (like
the wind mechanism). But they were modified and the innards mostly designed
by Leica. The shutter, prism, metering system, and many other parts were
designed by Leica, and built by Leica in Portugal.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

 -Robert R. Coveyou