Subject: [Leica] Schneider lens on SL
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 18:16:38 -0800

Here is an interesting lens that I just received in trade (for some
database setup and lessons on MS Access databases). Around the front rim it
says:
	Schneider-Kreuznach Tele-Xenar 1:5.6/240 3811070 (there is a red triangle
outline just before the serial number).

The lens head has been connected to a 30mm Leitz New York LTM extension
tube, which then attaches to a "homebuilt" LTM to SL bayonet mount adapter.
It uses the SL bellows for focusing. Range is from infinity down to about a
1:2 ratio (i.e., image on film about half size as the object - is 1:2 the
right ratio expression?)

I know Schneider is known for sharp lenses. Does anyone know about this
240mm (Marc, are you out there)? Should be fun to play with on my SL2.  The
barrel from the lens head is not very pretty, but the glass looks mint.

Also the adapter lets me put a LTM Focotar enlarging lens on the SL with
bellows, just in case I want to photograph how many angels really are on
the head of a pin!

Gary Todoroff.