Subject: Re: [Leica] V-35 Prices? / 1c for sale
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 20:39:43 -0800

> From: Marc James Small
>
> I have been offered a V-35 with lens in E+ condition for $650.  I haven't
> been following the pricing on these lately -- is this a good deal?  I

Marc - I have really been enjoying my V35 for about a year now. The
variocontrast and color heads are very easy to use and to change, and I do
V35, Focotar 40mm lens, both heads and the Leitz Focometer timer, I thought
the $1400 was a very good deal then.

I still have a beautiful Focomat 1c with filter drawer, white base and the
tall column. It is the last (and best) 1c that Leitz made. I almost had it
sold to a fellow in Japan who wanted it shipped airmail. Cost of freight
was going to be almost as much as the enlarger and the deal fell through.

I still like some of the 1c features better than the V35, but do not need
two 35mm enlargers. So it is for sale (without lens) for $600, plus
shipping. . . not as great a price as Marc's V35, but not bad either.

Gary Todoroff