Subject: Re: [Leica] Rapidwinder Report
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 21:31:19 -0500

Tom K. wrote:

<<< and the winders came with a funky cord that allowed you to connect the
battery to the motor while the battery was unscrewed. It was never clear to
me where you were to put the battery, however.>>>

Hi Tom,

When I worked outside in the winter I always put the battery pack inside my
jacket to help keep them warm.

The other thing I tried a few times with the "funky cord" was to attach it
to a 9 volt battery. Now if you ever want to have an M winder move
quickly!!!!!!!  But it was kinda hard on it so I didn't do it too often.

Although the way I felt about the damn thing I guess I should have just
left the 9 volter on and drove the winder like the beast it was! :)

I have to give the warning: "do not try this at home!" with the 9 volt
battery, it'll scare the hell out of folks!:)  Might even make you jump the
first time it clatters away.:)

ted