Subject: Re: [Leica] Rapidwinder Report
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 19:24:42

At 06:58 24/01/98 -0600, you wrote:
>  Does your M4-2 winder come with a tripod socket?  If not, how do you
>attach it to a tripod?
>-GH

Well that is interesting- I haven't tried it yet, and now that I look, I
can see that I can't. It is probably just as well that I haven't tried to
mount the M4-2 winder on a tripod because it hasn't got a tripod socket. I
must have assumed it did have but never actually looked! I hereby award the
M4-2 winder designer the Wooden Block of Achievement in Ergonomics. This
means that even for my one projected application it won't work. I suppose
some device could be cobbled together to grip it, or a tripod socket or
quick-release plate stuck on the base, but these are not elegant solutions.
Maybe I should sell it and put the cash towards my second Rapidwinder.

Joe Berenbaum