Subject: Re: [Leica] 50 mm M lens comparisons (long)
From: TEAShea <TEAShea@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 10:33:50 EST

<< All in all, in my mind, Leica Solms succeeded to take the charm,
 character and personality out of the 50 mm M Summicron.  >>

With regard to lenses, I will take generally take technical superiority over
charm.  To me the charm is often a word for excuse.  Character and personality
are simply the result of being unable to produce lenses that correct
abberations.  I do agree that such charming lenses have use in limited
applications - but not many.  But that is what makes this whole thing work -
different perspectives and values - and I respect your's Alf.

Tom Shea