Subject: Re: [Leica] Summilux-m 35mm f1.4 asph & uv filter
From: "usinet.srlond" <srlondon@ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 01:05:04 -0500

>I am using the 35mm summilux-m f1.4 asph with the Leica uv (13004) filter.
>Someone told me
>that I was loosing the sharpnes of the lens with that filter. Any comments
>from users?
>I always beleived good quality uv filter did not altered the quality of
>the lens.

I never thought that I saw any noticable loss of quality due to the
presence of a multi-coated filter on my 35mm Summicron-M (latest) until I
went out shooting with TMAX 3200 under the street lights on a foggy night
last week.  But I noticed reflections of the lights in some frames even
though I used a lens hood.  Would they have been there if I didn't have
the filter on?  Maybe, or maybe not.  But I'm taking filter off the lens...