Subject: [Leica] Leica IIIc & Indiana Jones
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 10:14:44 +0100

Does anybody know any Indiana Jones movie, in which a Leica is used ?

Alf
From: "Patrick G. Sobalvarro" <pgs@sobalvarro.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 02:35:13 +0000
Subject: [Leica] Disneyland Leicas

But what I was going to say is that I saw two Leica IIIc's at
Disneyland.  They were in a glass cabinet with a bunch of dirty
"explorer's gear" near the front of the queue for the Indiana Jones
ride.  Both were dirty, and had apparently been dirtied
on purpose.  Both had lenses attached; the one in front had what
looked at a quick glance to be a collapsible Elmar.  The one in back
was in an open ERC, but I didn't have time to get a look at the lens
- - -- at Disneyland the line moves constantly, and we all must march.

The cameras were not for sale; they were part of the scenery.
Personally, I was quite disgusted to see IIIc's used in this way.
At least they could have been Feds.

- - -Patrick