Subject: Re: [Leica] slightly off topic
From: TEAShea <TEAShea@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 19:55:46 EST

Paul, it seems that perhaps for your purposes the M system might be good.  If
you are not going to need macro or long telephoto lenses, the M system would
seem to be a good choice.  It is light enough to enable to you to be
relatively unburdened.

Tom Shea

<< My wife and I are retracing our honeymoon for our 25th wedding
 anniversary in September.  We will be traveling to Italy and Germany.  I
 want to bring a compact but somewhat complete photo outfit with two
 camera bodies to shoot slides and prints and am seeking advice on what
 makes a good traveling outfit.  I have both M and  R equipment but only
 one M6 and one R7. Seems to me that it would be better to stick with one
 type of camera system -Reflex or Rangefinder and purchase another body.
 I'm leaning toward the reflex  system so that I can frame attractions
 better in the viewfinder but two R cameras and various lenses are a big
 price to pay in weight.  Any advice? I want to stay one step above point
 and shoot solutions. >>