Subject: Re: [Leica] slightly off topic
From: TTAbrahams <TTAbrahams@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 20:30:28 EST

Paul, Congratulations to the silver wedding anniversary and it should be a
great trip. I would of course take this oppurtunity to explain to my wife that
a M6/0.85 or as it is called M6HM ( high magnification) is an appropriate
camera as a back up unit. I would take M's, they are lighter and less "camera
looking" and a minimalist set of lenses, a wide (21/24/28) a 35/2, a 50 and a
90 plus a whole lot of film. Cities in Europe are more suitable to wider
lenses, I find that the 35 becomes my normal and the 21/24  the wide lens. The
90 goes into a pocket. The regular M6 would be the wide camera and the new
M6HM would be the 50/90 camera. Tape over any mention of Leica on the bodies,
with black gaffertape sloppily applied the thieves thinks that it is a cheap
point and shoot you are carrying.
 Having been married for 31 years, my wife is already wise to my ways" No, you
do NOT need another camera for going to Rome" was todays comment as we booked
our flight for March. At 25 years of marriage you might still get away with
it.
Tom A