Subject: Re: [Leica] What the "other guys" are saying about Leicas
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 20:16:47 -0600

At 03:00 PM 1/27/98 -0500, you wrote:

>in a bucket, and even though I use Leicas, most times that "Je ne sais quoi"
>quality is hard for me to see unless I am there, "in person"! I dearly wish
>that I could learn to have that practiced eye!
>thanks!

You answer your own question. Practice. Get to the point where you start
complaining about little problems with the pictures. If exposure and focus
are no longer a problem,  you are now ready to look for Leica glow. With
time, practice and high standards, it comes. You will see it. Just keep
shooting! Shoot the slowest film you can for a given situation. Shoot on a
tripod, or fast speeds with wider apertures (that's a Leica advantage!) and
fine tune exposure technique. Look for light that makes the picture more
interesting.

It's like a Rubic's cube. Difficult to get there, but satisfying when you do.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Prepositions are not words to end sentences with.