Subject: Re: [Leica] Battery life (and price) for R8 motor-winder
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 21:25:32 -0600

At 09:43 PM 1/27/98 +0100, you wrote:
>Of course, on the other hand, the motor-drive is much bulkier and heavier,
and who really needs 3.5 frames per second? For my purpose, the
motor-winder would be perfect: 2 frames per second, slim, relatively light
and not a burden to carry around.

>I am just not sure what to do ...

Pascal,

My solution is the bite the bullet and use the 2CR batteries (we can find
them for about $5 a pop here in the U.S.). But did you miss the statement
about the rechargeable unit that goes on the bottom of the Winder R8?
That's what I'm planning to get. I can live with it until then, since my
employer buys my batteries. :-)

The Power Pack MW-R8 will solve the battery problem with the winder. I
would hope the motor has a rechargeable unit too. Especially if it can be
dropped in the same recharge "dock."

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

There is a pleasure in being mad in which none but mad men know.

Dryden