Subject: [Leica] 65/3.5 Elmar + Viso questions
From: Simon Ogilvie <simon_ogilvie@ionica.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 11:44:20 -0000

I recently bought a viso III and a black 65/3.5 Elmar
complete with a black 16464 focusing mount, and
have a few questions about them.

Firstly, all does not appear to be well with the viso, as
the mirror will not trigger when it is on the camera.  There
isn't sufficient space adjustment in the release button to
flip the mirror before hitting the camera's shutter release.
It works OK off the camera, and in "quiet" mode there
is enough room on the camera to flip the mirror, but
not in "normal" mode.  Is this easily adjustable, or do
I have to get used to using "quiet" mode only?

The 65 Elmar is in near mint condition with caps and
box.  I understand these are a little rarer than the chrome
versions.  Does anyone know how many of these were
produced?  There is also a 14160 ring screwed into the
filter threads on the lens.  Does anyone know what that
ring is for?  It looks like a filter without any glass!?

Thanks for any help, and regards to all LUGgers...

Simon.

Ionica, Cowley Road, Cambridge CB4 4AS
Tel (01223) 223000
Fax (01223) 223100