Subject: [Leica] "Requiem" The best book
From: Luiz Otavio Marinho <lmarinho@br2001.com.br>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 00:16:55 -0200

 Hello Friends,

 Today I received a book I tought(when I bought) was a ordinary photo book=
=20
about war...=20
 No, not even a single chance... It is one of the best photo books I ever
seen in my life. It is dedicated to the 135 photographers who died or got
MIA in action during the Vietnan an Indochina war. Great, really great
pictures and the best part... Leicas everywhere...almost... some Nikons too.

 One of the photographes, Larry Burrows said:

 "Do I have the right to carry on working and leave a man suffering? To my
mind, the answer is "no, you=B4ve got to help him."

 in one picture you could see Larry Burrow with his M3 helping the GIs with
a wounded soldier in a evacuation of the battlefield.

 The same Larry who got killed in a helicopter crash in Laos, during the=
 war.

 Reading this book you cold discover what the word "Photographer" means.

 Buy it!!! it=B4s really great...

 "Requiem" by the photographers who died in Vietnan and Indochina
 =20
 Authors: Horst Faas / Tim Page=20

 Editor: Random House

 ISBN: 0-679-45657-0