Subject: Re: [Leica] Chance from R to Nikon?
From: "Harold Gess" <gess@icon.co.za>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 19:29:34 +0200

Hi

The great question here is, why would I want to use matrix in the first
place? I use a Nikon F90X with manual lenses and, a lot of the time, a
handheld incident meter. I also use F2's and FM2's. I use the leica M6, but
I also use the M3, M4, and M4P, and most of the time I find the incident
light meter by far the best way to meter anything. Either that, or the F90X
spotmeter or a Minolta Spotmeter. Now, matrix is nice if you're going to use
flashguns, but fot the kind of work I use a flash for, I could probably use
any old SLR. I tend to be an available light guy myself and then usually in
the Hail Mary range.

Best wishes

Harold

Nikon always proudly advertise that they kept the same bayonet sinds the
60's.
But you can't use an current (1998) AIS lens on a F5 with matrix.

But with the R8 it's possible to use a 1933 Hektor 135/4,5 with the
"matrix".

Lucien
BELGIUM