Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 and japan
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 21:13:07 -0500

Andrew Jordan wrote:

<<<if Leica is in bed with the Japanese  and they deny such
indiscretion under oath they may be indicted for perjury. Then, you may
have to wait for the R8 motor drive until the next century!>>>>>>

Jeeeeeeesh Andrew,

Please lets not get any legal beagles in this!~ :)  I mean we've been
waiting long enough for the motor without getting some hound dog lawyer
making money and holding up (like robbing us) just because some little
bitty part comes from Japan.

At this point well into 14 months of using an R8, albeit with a blister on
my thumb, :)  I want the motor ASAP! Like many other R8 users.

So if everyone just keeps quiet, we might,  just might see them this fall.

If lawyers get into this, we'll see them in the "NEXT MILLENNIUM AFTER THE
ONE COMING UP!" :)   If it were Kenneth Starr, hell he'd have another $30
mil to carry around. :)

ted