Subject: [Leica] Advise on 21/2.8 or 24/2.8 Asp.
From: "Ferdinand U. LuDo" <fld@mozcom.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 13:13:00 +0800

Hello Luggers,

I'd just like to ask guys your opinion on whether which of the two lenses
would  be most useful for trips to Asia, Europe and USA. My photography is
usually varied from landscapes, to buildings, to churches, mosques, etc...
I'd like to add either one of the two to my 35-50-90 M lens combo.

Back home, in the Philippines, I hardly use my 20/2.8 USM (Canon) so that's
why I sold it. However for travel photography esp. to those places
mentioned above I know that 35 would not be wide enough, would the 24 be
appropriate or the 21/2.8? I know both lenses are very good but my question
is more on usefulness. Personally I'm inclined to using the 24 because: 1.)
price 2.) can get away without a finder 3.) easier to use than a 21mm. But
if it will fall short on a lot of occasions, I won't mind on the 21/2.8 asp.

Many thanks to this group! Without this group, I would have a hard time
choosing what lens to buy for my current M line-ups.

More power to you all,

Ferdinand