Subject: Re: [Leica] Why stick Leica lenses on a Nikon? A LeiNi ? Yuck!
From: John_McLeod@designlink.com
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 13:36:21 -0800

One of our most entertaining and enthusiastic subscribers (Eric Welch, not you
this time Ted) wrote:

Not true. The F5 is much more expensive, as is the RTSIII and EOS1nRS
somewhat more expensive. I bought a demo R8 with USA 1 year warranty for
$1,795.

Eric old boy!  B&H is selling the F5 for $2,300.  They sell the R8 for $2,395
and that's without a winder or drive, which the F5 already has.  Hey, Leica is
better, but please tell me Nikon ain't chopped liver (I just ordered an F5)!
Furthermore, everyone knows that all Nikon 35mm lenses surpass the M 35/1.4
and 2.0 ASHP's, right Erwin?  :)

John McLeod