Subject: [Leica] Advice needed on Leicaflex SL and lenses
From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@iol.ie>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 11:27:55 +0000

Hi fellow LUGnuts, and greetings from a very cold Emerald Isle.

My friendly photodealer here in Cork has lent me the following equipment
for the weekend:

Leicaflex SL S/N 13722XX - pristine apart from slight wear on the LEICAFLEX
engraving on the front.

50/2 Summicron R  S/N 25896XX  - a bit of superficial wear on the focussing
ring, but glass and mechanically mint (with hood and caps)

35/2.8 Elmarit R S/N 26206XX - condition as 50/2 Summicron. (with hood and
caps)

180/2.8  Elmarit R S/N 24555XX. Mint with caps.

All lenses made in Germany.

As I'm an M man, this is all new to me.

Questions:

1) Can anyone give me approximate dates of manufacture for the camera and
lenses.

2) Any comments on the likely performance of the three lenses?

3) Asking price for the outfit is about USD1500 (net of 21% sales tax,
which I can reclaim).
Is this a fair price?

I'll obviously be making the most of the loan this weekend, but all advice
gratefully received.

TIA

Slan

Alex