Subject: [Leica] Help needed with Nikon LS20 scanner/ Silverfast software
From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@iol.ie>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 1997 16:18:29 +0000

Hi Guys, and Compliments of the Season from a devastated Emerald Isle. We
had 100 mph winds on Christmas Eve which caused enormous amounts of damage
and meant that a lot of people didn't get to cook their turkeys on
Christmas Day.

My present to myself was a Nikon LS20 35mm scanner, which is fine as I do
most of my shooting on colour neg rather than trannies.

However, it arrived with some German software called Silverfast, which is
supposed to be better than the Nikon original. I've just printed out a 111
page manual from the CD and, or course, it's not at all helpful on the key
points I need answering.

1) If you scan in colour neg mode, a dialogue is supposed  to come up which
removes the 'mask' colour on neg film when you select 'auto'. No sign of
the dialogue.

2) Similarly I can't set the output resolution in the dialogue box as
nothing appears on the screen when you type in the numbers.

This is all on a PowerMac running system 8.0.

Any of you guys out there using this combination? All help gratefully received.

Yours in frustration

Alex

Alex Hurst
Waterfall