Subject: Re: [Leica] The 0.85: strange new need
From: Erwin Puts <imxputs@knoware.nl>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 23:17:14 +0100

The rangefinder figures as provided by Leica are not consistent!

In the M6J brochure they state: M6 = 0,72 and effective base = 49,9 and 20%
larger base for the M6J; M6J =0,85 and effective base = 58.5
In the M6HM brochure they state: M6 = 0,72 and effective base = 49,9 and
'almost' 20% larger base for the M6HM; M6HM = 0,85 and effective base =
59,1.

"Almost" as I understand the English language means "slightly less than".
So the M6HM should be LESS than the enlargement indicated for the M6J,
which is noted as just 1,2x. The effective base should be slightly less
than for the M6J.

Maybe Mr Clinton can tell us the truth.

As far as I know. the rangefinder for any M body  is 69,25. As long as the
marketing department of Leica is not able to give reliable figures their
statements are interesting, but not decisive.

Erwin