Subject: [Leica] newbie on the list
From: Doc748@aol.com
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 23:42:27 EST

Dear fellow LUGgers,

I'm a newbie on the list and would like to introduce myself.  My name is
Javier Montiel and my place of residence is Coral Gables, Florida.  My type of
photography is limited to travel, street, social and landscape.  After an
absence of nearly 14 years I'm back in Leica photography again (Nikon SLR's in
the interim).  Last week during a business/pleasure trip to London I acquired
two M-4's plus a 35mm f2 Summicron (all I could afford).  This purchase was
effected with the full support of the Minister of Finance.  The price of the
equipment was fair (not cheap, not expensive).  For the Londoners in the list,
the place is located at Pied Bull Yard.

The other passion that I have is motorcycling (long range touring) and now I
plan to take with me my Leica cameras.  The question that I have for a fellow
motorcyclist or any list member is whether the rangefinder mechanism of the
cameras will be affected by the travel shocks.  I don't worry too much about
the sturdiness of the camers since I know that they are basically bulletproof.

Since the prices for new Leica M/R cameras are pretty much the same across the
board, does the list favor any particular stores in the USA (i.e., Tamarkin,
CWO, etc.).

Thank you in advance for your kind cooperation.

Javier Montiel
Coral Gables, Florida.