Subject: [Leica] Terri Clark photo by Eric
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 01:17:49 -0800

Hi Eric -

Nice shot on your home page, especially the beautiful resolution of detail
in the shadows. You really captured the feeling of the singing and the
stage lighting.

What is really remarkable to me is the detail in a scanned image of only
38k.  I am curious - do you scan at a high resolution first, then compress
the image into a JPEG format of only 38k? Or do you do a scan directly into
only 38k? I have an older Microtek ScanMaker IISP that does a fairly decent
job on scanning prints. But I'm still not sure which technique will give me
the best quality on a photo for  a web site.  Any hints would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary Todoroff