Subject: Re: [Leica] Leicas and wedding
From: steve echols <steve@mvillage.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 98 07:56:55 -0800

>In short:please give us some advice!!
>This is probably going to be the wedding with the highest rate of Leicas
>in the world:we don't want to fail!
>Particularly we need help for:which film to use (she wants only prints,
>mainly color, but B&W is allowed). We'll shoot in the church, during the
>ceremony (artificial light) and outside (sunlight).
>Topic moments to shoot at.
>Which camera/lenses:since we have access to many bodies is this an
>advantage or is it easier to get confused?
>Location in the church (we think to go in the church some days before to
>look at the lights and make some trial)
>Any tip which can help us to "get the cake" will be apreciated.
>
>Thanks for your patience and sorry for the long post.
>
>Ernesto and Guido

Ernesto,
I would shoot mostly Fuji NHG 400, I am just testing the nhg II 800 and it
looks very good. Two bodies with a 35 and 50 would do for candids, and a
small tripod. Set up a tripod at the back/balcony with a 135mm lens, check
before hand. One person can shoot from there, 50 mm to cover the whole
front of the church, 135 for couple. Take meter readings at front of church
before ceremony starts, but with lights on.  Remember, a wedding is a
social/religious event, not a photo event. Be invisible. Talk to minister
before, ask permission.
Steve