Subject: [Leica] Off-topic: what b/w films should I use?
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 98 18:13:54 +0100

I do not take a lot of black and white pictures, as I don't (yet) develop
films myself. My experience with developping centers doing b/w stuff, is
not always very satisfactory. Maybe I'll find more time in the future to
start developping myself.

But until then, I now and then use b/w just for the fun of it. Had
excellent results with Ilford Delta Professional 100 ASA and liked it
much better than the older FP4 Plus. Never tried Kodak TMax, however.

Now I have just finished shooting Fuji Neopan Professional 400 ASA.
Wonder what the results will look like.

Question:
For 100 ASA, my preference goes to Delta 100 (maybe I should also try
TMax?);
But what should I be using for 400 ASA: Ilford HP5, Delta 400, TMax 400,
Fuji Neopan 400 ?
Any suggestions?

Pascal

Sent on a Macintosh PowerBook G3, the fastest laptop on the planet