Subject: Re: [Leica] Off-topic: what b/w films should I use?
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 18:05:44 -0800

At 05:04 PM 2/1/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Pascal wrote:
>
><<<But what should I be using for 400 ASA: Ilford HP5, Delta 400, TMax 400,
>Fuji Neopan 400 ? Any suggestions?>>>>
>
>Pascal,
>
>Why don't you give Kodak T400CN chromogenic film a try. It can be developed
>ain the colour print film lab and they can make B&W prints even though they
>are a colour lab.
>
>ted

As I mentioned last week, I just shot some T400CN in my M2. I shot all
available light indoors, friends at a restaurant, by a large south facing
window. It was overcast outside. I used my 35 Summicron. Processed the film
at a local 1hr lab (owned by a friend). We were just sitting around and
talking. I pulled out my M2 and started shooting. I was pleasantly
surprised. The results were great. I showed them to my friends (the
subjects) and they were stunned. First that they were B&W. They had
forgotten that there was such a thing as B&W film. And second that the
pictures were so gorgeous. Side light from a large window. Third version
35mm Summicron between f/2 & f/4. I have to tell you, I really like this
stuff. I also really like this lens. I'm going to shoot a lot more of this
film in my M2 (and soon in my M6 0.85 I hope.)

Jim