Subject: Re: [Leica] newbie on the list: motorcycle travel and Leicas
From: Joebikes@aol.com
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 14:02:39 EST

Javier,
I also like cameras and motorcycles, although not for long distance travel. I
mostly ride back roads on a Ducati or Dual purpose bike. I used to leave the
leicas and home take an old OM-1 wrapped up in a towel. I have since gotten a
Pelican 1400 case. It holds three bodies and a few lenses in a hermetrically
sealed, shock proof, crush proof shell of tough plastic. It's a little heavy,
and a little bulky, but probably no worse than having a bunch of camera stuff
badly packed and poorly protected. I just decided that quality equipment
deserves real protection.
Happy trails--and photos
Joe Stephenson