Subject: [Leica] Magnum Book??
From: "Tim Atherton" <timphoto@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 1998 11:04:25 PST

I have just read Magnum:50 Years on the Front Line of History by Russell
Miller. I found it fascinating. Very few photographs and nothing about
photo technique as such (and I can't remember how many Leica mentions!).
But, it gives some interesting stories of the growth and dvelopment of
Magnum and the changing world of reportage/photojournalism. Also lots of
details of the "family" feuds inside Magnum, with plenty of stories of
the clashing of big egos. A thoroughly good read.

I got it at the Chapters mega book store in Edmonton.

By the way, a good source for photo books is:
http://www.photoeye.com    They have thousands of photography books in
stock and it is all they do. The web site is very useful for looking up
titles/authors.

Tim A

Tim Atherton,
Tim Atherton Photography,
Box 515, Yellowknife,
NWT, X1A 2N4, Canada.

Phone/Fax: 403.669.9874

PHOTO-DOCUMENTARY * REPORTAGE * EDITORIAL * INDUSTRIAL