Subject: Re: [Leica] Multicoating
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 11:58:19 -0800

At 10:09 AM 2/1/98 -0500, you wrote:
><< PS... Tom, if you are reading this... would you use an uncoated Polarizer?
> If so, why? If not, why not? >>
>
>I rarely use a polarizer.  The polarizer I have is uncoated.  At least at the
>time I purchased it, Hoya did not make a coated polarizer.  I don't know if
>anyone does.
>
>Tom Shea

B+W makes uncoated and multicoated polarizers. Single coating on a
polarizer does nothing, because of the way a polarizer works. So single
coating and no coating are the same functionally. Multicoating will help
reduce direct sun ray flare. But polarizers don't do much when pointed in
that direction anyway. So uncoated polarizers work great.

Jim