Subject: Re: [Leica] Off-topic: what b/w films should I use?
From: Bill Barrett <barrettb@dialup.websteruniv.edu>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 1998 22:13:47

Dale,

TMX T-Max 100 can be processed in a special direct positive reversal
chemistry kit to yield beautiful black & white chromes. Since you're in the
States, you can get the tech info by calling Kodak at 1-800-242-2424; if
memory serves, you want publication J-87. (I know I have a copy in my
office if they can't get you one.) It's most likely on their web site as
well. I've used it for copy slides with great results, so maybe it will fit
what you want too. Though it's a while since I used it, I also seem to
recall that you have to use it at an EI of 50, so keep an eye out for that
when you read the tech sheet.

Bill

>Are there any b/w films that result in slides?  No negatives and prints
>but just slides like the Chromes result in color slides that can be
>projected on a screen.

Bill Barrett
St. Louis
barrettb@webster.edu (preferred address for personal mail)