Subject: Re: [Leica] Bracketing
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 1998 23:00:08 -0600

At 10:56 PM 2/1/98 -0500, you wrote:

>I believe this thread started from the fact that HCB shot 3 rolls of film
>on Portugal for a magazine. Well I guess that is possible for a few
>photographers, HCB being the Master. But I have a hard time believing that
>the ultimate image of a country can be derived in 3 rolls. Unless those
>three rolls are shot over a period of 6 months or longer!

Ted,

Not all photo essays are "the definitive" story on a given country, or even
city. Some photo essays have a specific point. Women doing the wash,
reading the newspaper, prune packers of Portugal. I don't know what the
story was about. But the editor spoke in awe the HC-B pulled it off in TWO
rolls of film, and only had two bad frames.

How many could do that of any subject that isn't standing still in a studio?

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.