Subject: [Leica] Re:what black & white film - Scala
From: "Tim Atherton" <timphoto@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 1998 08:41:02 PST

I have tried Agfa Scala a couple of times and didn't like it. You have
to send it to one of the few labs set up to deal with it.

I had a roll of important images on Scala, sent it to the only lab in
Canada that processes it and they completely screwed up the processing.
Claimed the machine broke down and this was the first time ever!!. They
did try to fix the images digitally, but to no avail. I had one unhappy
client (who had specifically wanted slides). Agfa lost a customer too.

So, try it, but at your own risk.

Tim A

Tim Atherton,
Tim Atherton Photography,
Box 515, Yellowknife,
NWT, X1A 2N4, Canada.

Phone/Fax: 403.669.9874

PHOTO-DOCUMENTARY * REPORTAGE * EDITORIAL * INDUSTRIAL