Subject: Re: [Leica] Above AF
From: "Jacques Grilli" <grilli.jacques@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 16:05:40 -0500

- -

>Maybe, but if Leica doesn't come up with AF in the near future it's days
are
>counted. --Christian Becker
>Christian,

>I would never buy a Leica AF because it would then not be a true Leica. In
>fact, I don't even like the P&S's carrying the Leica logo. They are not
>Leicas.

>When I use an AF I'm sealed up in that technology. I don't experience such
>helplessness working with a Leica.
>
>Bob
Hi BOB

    You like the Leica  and it seems that you do not like AF cameras.
If Leica would sell a M AF Camera - with the same quality lens - many
M owner would probably buy it - AF is interesting as you get older and
focusing becomes harder.
Every instrument of precision and quality can be improved . A Leica is  a
Leica untill proven otherwise.

I am for a M AF camera as long as the quality of the lens is kept to a high
standart.
How about the quality of the Zeiss lens on the G2.

 Jacques