Subject: Re: [Leica] 16mm Hologon
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 21:59:15 EST

Tina, the Hologon 16/8 is most likely a Contax G1/G2 lens converted to M-
mount. It is a very wide lens ,110 degrees and at f8 (fixed aperture by the
way) it has a substantial edge fall off. The centre filter for it will
compensate for this fall-off, but the lens becomes a f16 now. It is an
interesting lens but I always found it too slow for pratical use. It has
certain advantages when it comes to shooting architecture, models (
architectural ) and landscape. Optically it is a bit of a wonder, and yes it
is rectiliniar and quite sharp. I must admit that mine is not in much use ( it
is also in really bad shape, chipped and scratched) and if I have to get
something that wide I would be tempted to get a SLR and the 15 Elmarit
instead. Variable f-stop and you can see what you are focussing on.
All the best,
Tom A