Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica AF
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 01:12:49 EST

Warrick, Welcome to the LUG and hope we have many more contributions from you.
 I think that the "special" lens that Leica is talking about is the Vario-
Elmar, the 28/35/50 f4 variable focus for the M. It has been
rumoured,denounced, rumoured again and I would not be surprised if it makes
its appearance at the PMA in New Orleans this month. I wish that it was a
50/1,4 Asph or APO or whatever or even better a 75/2,4 APO, small, light and
with no drop in quality, well one can wish. The Vario-Elmar is interesting but
a 35/4 or 50/4, it has to be awfully good to justify that f-stop in a M-lens,
and it has to be reasonably priced ( a non-Leica habit if there ever was
one!!). At one time it was quoted at $ 3000 but I hope that was wrong! The
M6HM will be shown at PMA, a new M-lens that does not fit the new model
camera! Let's hope for the 50/1,4 APOSpherical or something.
Tom A