Subject: Re: [Leica] Enlarger questions
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 08:16:37 -0500

I haven't had any need to align mine, and I can't find any way to do so.
You can use other lenses, but why? The 40mm Focotar is a great lens. As
recently as one year ago this machine was fully supported by Leica,
according to a phone conversation I had with Leica NJ.

kw

>I have noticed a Leitz v35 color enlarger for sale in my local shop, and I am
>considering purchasing it. I have some questions that I thought the LUG might
>be able to answer:
>
>1) Is it still possible to get these repaired?
>2) Does the enlarger keep its alignment settings? Is it easy to align?
>3) Anyone know where I can get a manual for this?
>4) What would be a good price?
>5) Can you use other lenses than the 40mm that comes with the unit?
>
>My alternative, given that I dislike my Durst M600 (alignment problems,
>wobbly, poor "feel") would be to get a new Saunders 670 with variable contrast
>head. Since I already own a good lens (Apo Rodagon-N) would the Saunders be an
>overall more reliable choice with comparable image quality?
>
>Any thoughts would be appreciated.
>
>David Feldman

- ----
Davison Middle School                  preferred--->
<wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
600 Dayton, Davison, MI 48423                  <kwilcox@genesee.freenet.org>