Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V2 #141
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 1998 12:41:48 -0500

At 06:17 PM 2/4/98 +0100, Christian Becker wrote:

>The truth is, it is not the average customer who doesn't want AF, it's
>just that the L- guys don't want to let us have it.

I don't believe this is the case.  Leica simply isn't happy with the
current level of autofocus precision, nor, for that matter, is Zeiss.  AF
will happen on the R's and Contax SLR's when the precision it affords
matches the precision of the lenses.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!